Re: Alynx versus Bobcat

From: TTrotsky_at_...
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2001 13:22:03 EDT

Oliver Bernuetz:

<< Are the cows in the West sorcerous cows? >>

      Certainly. Which is to say, they are descended from a sorcerous entity of some kind.

<< Are the ones in the East mystical? >>

      I don't think there are any mystical animals, so no.

 << Maybe most animals are animistic with only exceptional species like alynxes or sky-bulls being theistic, sorcerous, mystical, etc. >>

     My understanding is that animals with animist, theist and sorcerous origins are about equally common.

Mikko:

<<>Wait a minute! Wasn't it [the bobcat] supposed to be sorcerous? A pure
animal of the Creator?

Am I misremembering this totally? >>

       They were originally sorcerous, but became "spirit animals" (i.e. hsunchen related, not literally spirits themselves!) after a nasty altercation with Yinkin.

Trotsky