Re: Alkoth; patterns

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 11:14:30 -0700

Gareth asked

> How much written stuff is there on Alkoth? I have looked at Wesleys
> and Nicks sites, and dug through the digest a bit, but does anyone
> have any other pointers?

Enclosure 1 and 2 have quite a bit, if you can still find them.

John

> Clumps of trees and solitary oaks will be preserved as much as possible,
> leaving some fields with interesting plough patterns.
>
> (No doubt as landing guides to visiting star captains. Rigsdali devote
> themselves to the intense study of such patterns in the landscape, as well
> as to the strange patterns that are sometimes found in growing corn fields.
> Everyone else laughs at them - its obvious they're made by wind daimones
> with too much time on their hands...) [Train of silliness abruptly
> terminated at this point].

It is silly -- the painted patterns on the tops of the chief's longhouse are landing pattern enough. (One of the revelations from King of Dragon Pass.)

--

David Dunham   <mailto:dunham_at_...>
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html>