RE: Re: question of gifts

From: Grawe, Philipp <pgrawe_at_...>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 13:44:02 +1000

> From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson [mailto:rjremr_at_...]
>
> Hmm, I hadn't gone as far as a 3-stack, but it makes sense.
> Only use <type> of weapon you Blessed>. On a 4-stack it might even be "Never
> use anything but *this* particular weapon. If it breaks, too bad." I can't think of
> anything worse than that for a 5-stack...

Well, if it breaks, perhaps they'd have to quest for another gift (a replacement sword) and take a new and interesting geas. You couldn't really leave a humakti player character without a weapon and with no chance to get a replacement. Talk about tragic characters.

Besides it'd make for MGF and it'd serve the (hypothetical) mini-maxing twit right, who took 4 stacks of the same gift in the first place.

> If you have a Hu's blessing on two different weapons/styles, then you lose
> two non-sword/cult weapons (Axes *and* Spears, or Maces *and* Bows, or
> slings *and* Brawling)

Yeah, that's what I meant...

Harry.