Re: OT Electronic Episodes

From: Clay Luther <claycle_at_...>
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2001 13:24:40 -0500

> I can't see anyone making a lot of money off of PDF scenarios or such but
> do see the possibilities of a PDF magazine that was subscription based.
> That way people could avoid S&H and printing costs and you get past the
> whole payment problem. However I don't think that would be fair to the
> people who go to all the trouble of producing printed magazines as it
might
> reduce their subscription base. Or it might not.
>
> Oliver

Well, we should ask someone who is doing this already aka Monte Cook (DnD3 author) from his website. He has set up his own vanity press to sell PDF supplements for DnD from his website. I think he charged $5 for the first effort, which was thirty pages long or so. He even released errata as a small electronic patch that altered the original PDF. He is obviously planning on doing more supplements, so I suspect the venture has been profitable for him and the response from the community is highly positive (see reviews at various online RPG sites).

In short, I've been following this electronic discussion and it has strengthened my conclusions about Gloranthaphiles*.

Clay

*I'll keep to myself these opinions about the demeanor, average age, and flatulence of the average Gloranthaphile.