Re: What to Hunt?

From: ian_hammond_cooper_at_...
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 14:42:15 -0000

Jeff wrote:
> I think my players might find a Maran oriented clan with a
Dino-Powered Tula amusing.<

Simon Bray and I discussed this when I was doing the Exiles wrtie up for UW1. We decided to shy away from dinotopia/flintstone images. Not sure they are everyone's taste - I think this is a what works for your Glorantha taste area.

Tarsh War has a party of Lunar nobles hunting dinosaurs in the Bush Range for sport. I surmised that the Exiles frown on hunting for sport and not for need at it shows a lack of proper respect for Maran's children. I suspect however its similar to the difference between the Inuit going whaling and the C18 whaling fleets of New England. I have occasionally toyed with the idea of an episode with Exile 'eco-warriors' trying to save the dinos from lunar hunters, but I had too may Jurassic Park 2 flashbacks.

> But its tons of _meat_ walking around in one place.<

Simon did have some ideas drawn from whaling/beached whales I don't know if he did anything with them.

Ian Cooper