RE: Trickster goes a wooing

From: Grawe, Philipp <pgrawe_at_...>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 10:24:50 +1000

> From: Bruce Ferrie [mailto:bruce_at_...]
> For MGF, I can see this ending up as "How the young lad did all the wooing and
> faced down the girl's ugly and dangerous brothers but ending up feeling short
> changed when, somehow, the trickster got the girl". Then, when the whole truth
> gets out - probably 'cos the trickster lets it slip - *everyone* has it in for
> him. :)

And when the kid complains, the trickster smiles brightly and explains that, afterall, the heroquest is called "How the _Eurmal_ got the girl", not "How the _kid_ got the girl"

Actually, I think that's too nasty (and against the spirit of the quest).

The kid does get the girl, but like Greg said, it all somehow turns out differently than he'd imagined.

Harry.