Re: OT: RPG.NET?

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 11:19:51 -0400

Wow. RPG net was there on Friday...

epweissengruber_at_... wrote:

> I am sorry for the OT question, but I don't subscribe to any other
> game newsgroups and I have nowhere else to turn.

There used tobe some diccussions on Gaming Outpost but they went for a paid subscription model a few months ago and the traffic didnt' justify it for my needs.

> I used to like following the Hero Wars/RQ/Glorantha discussions on
> rpg.net, but the whole site has disappeared. It has been replaced by
> a Skotos page. What's up with that?

I don't know -- maybe RPG Net went under or someone snagged their url?

> Is free discussion of RPGs a thing of the past?

Probably not. =) Though, I think on RPG.net, I think that an IQ filter should be installed. Maybe they are going for a paid version as well?

> apologies, Jeff

No problem.

Jeff

--
Jeffrey Kyer
BESI Interim Change Management (EP) / Consultant