Re: 7 Mothers?

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 11:01:34 -0000

Is that a "Revenge" as an affinity of Rufelza question or a "Revenge" as an affinity of the 7 Mothers question? If it's the former I'll refer you to the more knowledgeable Lunar Scholars on the list, with a warning that it may spill over onto the Glorantha digest. If the latter, then I was working first of all from the suggestion that the "provincial church of the 7 Mothers" (as opposed to the 7 Mothers collective) would take it's affinities from the Lunar Goddess(es). The original suggestion was Madness and Revenge, but I sort of found it hard to see how the evangelical disciples of the Red Moon would sell that to the Praxians, Tarshites, Heortlings etc that they are trying to assimilate.

So I dropped madness, and concentrated on Revenge. It seemed likely to me that the target converts for the 7 Mothers are the downtrodden and disadvantaged (The powerful and successful have no reason to change their Gods, after all). Siding with the Lunar powers gives them a chance to strike back at their oppressors. Meanwhile Natha's "Otherworld" affinity offers some degree of protection from the Spirits, essences and Daimones sent by the previous cult to punnish their transgressions.