Re: Mostali and Giants

From: Jeff <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 02:45:13 -0000

(snip)

> /Peter Nordstrand

For some reason this got me thinking of Mervyn Peake's Gormenghast. Somehow, I think that those folks are not Mostali though. But I think they'd make a wonderful Brithini colony that's gotten a wee bit... isolated. The rather... twisted inhabitants preforming actions and duties that that no longer have meaning (at least, not visible meaning) in a rigid caste of order.

In a SF course I took in university, it was referred to be a good example of how a generation ship might get after a few generations of isolation.

Or the might make a good Ars Magica covenant where there's a wee bit too much magic....

Jeff