Re: Heortling boardgames

From: bethexton_at_...
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 16:10:12 -0000

Taking that thought further, how about having a double sided playing board, that gives you options for a number of different games (much like chess and checkers use the same board, for example). Now set up some odd number of games that can be played using those two playing boards, and make those represent something like stations on the light bringers quest. On long days in dark season you could play best 3 out of 5 or 4 out of 7 or whatever. At least one of the games would have a large random luck element. Probably a couple of them are assymetric (again like that viking table game), possibly even favoring one player over the other, but since you play both they should roughly even out.

It would just seem to me to represent the Orlanthi view that no one skill or virtue is dominant, and the true man has to master many talents.

Of course, this is getting a little detailed and obscure, so I'll shut up now.

--Bryan