TATTOOS

From: DARRAN <darransims_at_...>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 20:18:52 +0100

Greetings and Salutations
2001-09-04-1956.

What I saw at this Tattoo convention was very interesting as it is not only the designs that matter but the almost ritualistic way that the tattoos are applied. The inks are special and are rare with blessings upon them. The needles that are used have to be handled in a special way with strict procedures in place on whom can touch, participate and recieve them (Health and Safety rules!) With the traditional 'Iban' hand applied tattoos the recipient feels no pain as such and the gentle rhythmic tapping of the needle (helped by conducive enviromental surroundings such as music and incense) induces an almost trance-like state of mind. Most recipients feel relaxed, stupefied or released at the hands of the master tattoo artist and his assistant.

To see examples of the work I saw done by the Borneo Headhunters goto: www.borneoheadhunters.com/gallery.html

See the hand applied stuff and the pictures of them actually doing it! The designs could be adapted to include Gloranthan runes. I did sell a copy of my Dragonewt picture to a Tattoo artist who was going to put it on his mates leg. I *almost* convinced him to use the Storm and Mobility runes as well.

CHEERS DARRAN SIMS.

darransims_at_....
dracumel_at_....
darrran_at_....