RE: reference for equipment and cows

From: Bruce Ferrie <bruce_at_...>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 19:12:47 +0100

On Friday, September 07, 2001 5:17 PM, bethexton_at_... [SMTP:bethexton_at_...] wrote:
> While looking for some information about shield structures in Ian
> Heath's "Armies of the Dark Ages, 600 - 1066" (published by the
> wargames research group) I came across the following, unfortunately
> without reference to the original source.
<snip>

It *is* a very good book. It is still readily available, in the UK at least. My local games shop had a copy lying around last time I went in there, along with several other books in the range.

There's also a nice section on costs of various goods and items, and fines and weregelds in Viking Weapons & Warfare, by J. Kim Siddorn.

Regards,

Bruce