Hero Wars and Risus

From: Guy Hoyle <ghoyle1_at_...>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 15:20:04 -0500

Has anybody here seen the freebie RPG Risus (at http://www.io.com/~sjohn/risus.htm )? It seems to be a kind of conceptual relative of Hero Wars. Many of the mechanics seem similar, though Risus is drastically streamlined. Cliches and keywords (and especially feats and affinities) bear an eerie similarity.

Also, is this the right place to discuss conversions of HW to Risus, or should I simply take it to the Risus mailing list? I don't know if there are very many Gloranthaphiles on the Risus list, but that's probably the right place to go.

Guy