Wyter advice

From: rexabean_at_...
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 10:25:19 +1000

G'day all,

My group of PCs have just reconsecrated a place of power to the Lady of the Wild (it was a Gagarthi shrine in the Far Place that turned out to go down to the roots of the land) and during the ceremony they asked for a wyter to be given to them from the Lady of the Wild (LoW) who had been summoned.

Now I feel the LoW is a draconic manifestation of the ancient battle between giants and dragons that created Glorantha and have described her as such when the PCs got deep into the ritual (as opposed to the surface level which was an otter, that developed teeth and antlers to devour the sacrifice they had brought as the ritual began).

Does anyone have any suggestions how the wyter would manifest ? The power levels will be worked out by the usual methods but they are an eclectic bunch of a Lunar, a Sartarite, a wild man hunter type, a Pavisite and a wizard (don't ask, old fashioned PCs at their worst).

I am leaning to animal spirits that appear as tattoo's on their skin but possibly could leave the tattoo's and manifest for dramatic necessity.

I am also trying to find a way to bind the group closer together (by trying to portray the Yelmalions and later the Yelmies of Tatius as the real bad guys committing atrocities) rather than the Lunars per se. So a wyter that is shared is better than a single item, spirit.

Also the draconicness of the LoW will hopefully give me a lead in much later for them to be behind the summoning of the Brown dragon.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Cheers, Andrew