Re: Griselda: Great Woman or Postmodernist Social Construct?

From: Robert McArthur <mcarthur_at_...>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 12:49:51 +1000

Roderick and Ellen Robertson wrote:
> > Mark wondered :
> >Can you become a Hero just because enough people believe strongly enough
> > that you *are* one?
>
> Only if they actually worship you.

> Telling a story as entertainment or for the moral of the story is a long way
> worshipping the heroes in it.

I'm not sure about that (IMHO) - I think the difference between the two isn't well understood, or even that there is a difference. I'm sure that
extant Gods would like everyone to believe that. IMHO there is a line between belief and worship (just like on Earth), but where it is and how thin it is, is not understood enough to generalise on. IMG, MGF says you
*may* be able to (become a hero that way) - just have to wait and see!

Robert