Re: Miners & Mine workers

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 09:40:39 -0400

No there isn't and I'd commented on this before. However most of the 'mining' among the Heorltings seems to be taken from small pockets or deposits known only to the local smith who uses them. Mostali also may be sitting on many of the good deposits.

There was an okay mining cult in UW #1 as I recall but no mining keyword. The cult was of a son and daughter of Asrelia and Gustbran, IIRC. The men did the mining and the women ran the extraction and appeasement side.

Mining seems to be a thread that keeps showing up here. Maybe Issaries could do a spotlight on mining practices among various non-Mostali.

Were I in need of such a cult, I'd look at something along the lines of a shared subcult or minor cult between Gustbran and Asrelia. Or a local godling. Most deposits are the site of major battles and perhaps that generates some sort of magical entitty that would have to be propitiated.

Jeff