Milk & Moonies

From: John Hughes <nysalor_at_...>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 14:38:25 -0700

>'twas John Hughes. However I don't think it's true as the
>Lunars do have a Milk Goddess, MemEnari.

T'was a light-hearted attempt to convey and translate the fact that 90%+ of humans are lactose intolerant. (As recently as ten thousand years ago, *all* humans were lactose-intolerant once they ceased being weaned. The mutation is a Northern European one). Westerners who *do* drink milk have a very distinctive smell that non milk drinkers often notice and can sometimes find offensive.

Heortlings *are* milk drinkers, and butter-churners as well, and in my campaigns these have become common insults hurled by moonies at bewildered tribesmen and women.

I find the Metcalfian logic neither here nor there: if a population *is* largely lactose-intolerant, they would *need* a goddess to make milk drinkeable. :) MGF led me down the road less-travelled on this one - though its hardly canon - so take it or leave it as you will. YGMV.

Cheers

John

nysalor_at_... John Hughes

The eagle never lost so much time as when he submitted to learn of the crow.