More Yanafal Questions

From: morganconrad_at_...
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2001 04:29:49 -0000

Peter writes:

>If you think Yanafal is "healed" Humakt, then surely the
>lack of Humakt's death aura is a sign of his healed status?

o.k., but if you take away their anti-ressurection dogma, hatred of undead, and their death aura, there ain't much left. :-)

>I think he [Yanafal]
>has undergone a much more profound spiritual transformation
>than "being healed by the Goddess" implies.

O.K., I can buy that. Fun to invent, and makes the cult more interesting.

The whole Yanafal story confuses me anyway. Here we have the Carmanians, die hard Invisible God Dualists, who flee the west cause the God Learners were up to no good. But then they start taking up worship of local gods. To me, this makes as much sense as the Mormons fleeing to Salt Lake and then taking up worship of Native American Gods. And I'm not sure how Humakht is a Pelorian god for them to worship - wouldn't Duke Yanafal have worshipped something from the Yelm pantheon?