Re: Tarnils

From: morganconrad_at_...
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2001 17:43:10 -0000

Martin writes:

>He was one of the 7 Mothers. He was fundamentally part of her
>creation. Plus he was a Carmanian Humakti early in his career.

I would argue that his background as a Carmanian Humakti is just as fundamental as his 7 Mothers quest. (more below)

>He turned away from his god and became his own god.

Hey, I don't know who's making up the new cult stuff, but there is no fundamental a-priori need for him to completely reject Humakht. Frankly, since the Goddess teaches healing/acceptance, Yanafal cannot reject Humakht, without exceptional reasons.

>Yikes, no. Deezola is not linked to CA at all and IO was a
>Buserian! There is no LM cult in Peloria.

We're talking mystical links. If you're arguing that IOs background as a Buserian is so incredibly important that it precludes any link with an extremely similar cult, then why isn't Yanafal's Humakti bacground just as important?

Surely, the syncretistic Lunars argue for links between Yanafal and Humakht, IOT and LM, and Deezola and CA. In Greg's "nothing is really objective" world-view, that makes it true, right? :-)