Re: Re: Lightbringers Quest

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 19:38:43

Morgan Conrad:

> >>And the new twist that Orlanth didn't seem to care about making
> >>peace till Ernalda disappeared...

> >What else do you think would have caused him to take responsibility
> >for his mistakes?

>Maybe the fact that Chaos was destroying the world?

And he found this out how? By Ernalda disappearing, perhaps? Upon her disapperance, he asks "Where is the Justice due to me in this hour" and gets told "with the Grand Order". Thus the LBQ.

> >>A cynic (like me) would say that Orlanth "made peace" with
> >>his fingers crossed behind his back just to get his wife back, then
> >>promptly returned to the old status of emnity towards Yelm.

> >But he didn't.

>The Sartarite HQ books state that Orlanth went on the quest to rescue
>Ernalda, and are chock full of references to the "evil emperor".

No. I'm disputing that your statement that Orlanth made peace with fingers crossed. I've already disproven Orlanth went to rescuse Ernalda and not Yelm. If you want to impose skewed interpretations of what the myths actually say then this forum is not the place for it.

>That's a lot of support for my view. Other than your saying "but he
>didn't", where's your evidence?

King of Sartar, Thunder Rebels.

--Peter Metcalfe