Re: Advice and comment

From: Mark Galeotti <hia15_at_...>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 20:00:51 -0000

OK, there is a danger of ending up with a pretty narrow discussion on the mythic significance of the Quail Mother, but I think there are two BIG points to make here:

  1. Despite what those self-important wind-bags in that miniscule backwater Dragon Pass may say (OK, some exaggeration...), the Hero Wars are *not* simply Orlanth vs Lunars. Huge amounts of it have nothing to do with DP and the Orlanthi, at all.
  2. And part of that will involve the Rinliddi. There is a big difference between 'not yet known about' and 'not worth knowing about.' DP and Prax have been covered for years, while the vast expanse of the empire is only just being seriously explored. It would be a crying shame just to say 'PCs aren't interested in this' and close your eyes to all the new stuff and ideas which will be presented for your delight and use!

> I'm the one saying that I WANT Gerra and Orogeria, cause they are
> incarnations of the Goddess, the important mystical enemy of
> Orlanth!

Great!

> I WANT Teelo Noori, I WANT Honeel! (I'd love to try to
> play a "heroic" Teelo Norri PC!)

You'll have 'em!

> Shargash is an important god of a
> large Lunar sub-culture, and, most importantly, interesting to PCs,
> want him too.

Well, you'll have to wait for the Solar book for him - he's one of Yelm's crew, not a Lunar deity. But you'll have him in all his sanguinous glory in due course.

> Put it this way: Kallyr and Harrek have probably heard of Shargash
> and Teelo Norri. They have not heard of Avarnia.

OK, but there are all sorts of people and powers who will be key movers and shakers in the Hero Wars who would say 'Kallyr who?'

Mark