Re: Lunar Book Focus

From: Svechin_at_...
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 20:36:32 -0000

Good point.

However, I disagree that this is a tough assignment. When you see the ILH it will provide a means of playing in the Empire and as an aside will be darn useful for the GM to flesh out a DP game. In fact there will be a lot more variety than before in Lunar NPCs as the understanding of them is increased from a look at playing in the Empire. But it _will_ allow play in the Empire and once the other cultures are published, there will be oodles of gaming fun to be had there. The Empire is rife with play opportunities, from massive wars, to covert assasination, to piracy, to whaling, from battling chaos to thieves guilds, from great heroquests to small town cult intrigues, from power politics to urban proletariat movements, from purely military campaigns to clan or tribal adventures, from Imperial domination to regional politics within a Satrapy etc etc. The list is endless. I could run a hundred hundred campaigns in the Empire with what we've done so far and there is more to come.

However, my main point is that to write the book from the perspective of it being a suppliment for DP game bad guys would be utterly the wrong way of looking at the Empire. Might as well write the Sartarites as being Praxian NPCs, given that Prax was detailed before Sartar...

Trollpack was written to be played as troll PCs, used as NPC fodder as an aside. I think the lunar books will see more play than a troll book due to the human factor, but you have to acknowledge that the writers of the Troll material were trying to write for troll players, not Sartar players!

Morgan seems to be suggesting we do the latter and as advice to a lunar writer, I think he has missed the point of a Lunar book.

Martin Laurie