RE: Avarnia Myth

From: Bruce Ferrie <bruce_at_...>
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2001 10:10:29 +0100

On Saturday, October 13, 2001 3:54 AM, Peter Larsen [SMTP:plarsen_at_...] wrote:

> I liked it; very nice. But... Did you have to put grackles in it?

I've never encountered a grackle in my life, and had never even heard of grackles until last night. I put them in because, as I'm sure you're pleased to know, there's at least one species which is extinct. And because I liked the word. Grackle, grackle, grackle. It just felt right. :)

> Could we not have a Glorantha without grackles? Geez. They're low-rent
> corvidae wannabes. Grackles. Bah! Other than that, nice myth.

Maybe the Gloranthan grackles are different, magnificent flocks of great big carnivorous birds with glorious plumage flocking in the plains of Rinliddi. Well, until they all went away... somewhere. The myth does say that the grackles aren't around any more.
If you want to stop them coming back, it's time to start opposing those Avarnia heroquesters:

"The grackles are coming back. The Hero Wars are here." :)

Regards,

Bruce