Re: re: Commants

From: Kevin Blackburn <kevin_at_...>
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2001 11:10:31 +0100

>As a peace offering, when you or Peter write a good myth/story about
>how a brave hero of Avarnia, the Goddess of fat quails, is essential,
>*as an Avarnan*, in defeating the nomad hordes, I'll buy you a beer.
>Something a lot better than "I was chasing Quails and found
>Stormbringer". :-)

Well, I'm not Peter, but:

"The army was trapped, encircled, supplies were running out. If they could survive a few more days reinforcements would arrive, but without food they would to weak and fall to the next attack of the nomads. Then a thick cloud of quail blocked out the sun, and descended on the grateful army. After proper sacrifices were made to Avarnia, her priestess was given the first food to give thanks for her saving the army"

"On noticing how well the quail hid in the grass, and then when the inexperienced hunter approached, flew up in their face startling them, the commander had words with the priestess. Was there the possibility of Avarnia's magic arranging for a great ambush in the grasslands of the oncoming nomad horde?" (or wherever it is quail live).

The point about new Gloranthan deities, however, is not to give you something to hit, or hit with, but to give something to interact with in ways you, the GM, haven't thought of before.

--
Kevin Blackburn                         Kevin_at_...