Re: Re: Stories & Storytelling

From: Kevin Blackburn <kevin_at_...>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 21:02:49 +0100

In article <9qecah+sic6_at_...>, Ian Cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...> writes
>I wanted to convey two things. First I saw as an opportunity to present
>background that might be relevant to forthcoming episodes 'in game',
>and I wanted to emphasize the Heortlings as an oral, storytelling
>culture.

I'd be surprised if they didn't have the old Scottish feasting sentiment of

"Crack a tale,
  Sing a song,
  Show your bum,
  Or out you're gone"

Which probably isn't quite the right verse, but it's something like that. A guest without an "act" would be pretty unwelcome.

--
Kevin Blackburn                         Kevin_at_...