Re: Re: Stories & Storytelling

From: Darran <darransims_at_...>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 01:36:14 +0100

Benedict Adamson wrote:

> And you can use them as foreboding the future, as the scop does in
> Beowulf.
>
> Something similar would be useful if there were a Kev the visionary
> character in the game. The Kevian (?) decides to tell a story, but
> what does it mean?

During our game on Saturday I used a Kev the Visionary Devotee to give an augury to the heroes, warning about an up and coming raid. The players then spent over an hour trying to interpret a simple (-ish) three line poem and decide on what action to take if any. If I tried to use a longer story we would still be playing now! ;-)

Apart from that I think it is a good idea to use stories actually in the playing of the game. It adds more colour and texture to the world we are tring to create.

Cheers,
DARRAN SIMS.
darransims_at_...
darransims_at_...