Re: Lunar Book Focus

From: Thom Baguley <t.s.baguley_at_...>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 10:58:55 +0100

> From: "Pete McAveney" <mcaveney_at_...>
>That's the core of the argument, right there.
>
>The authors have undertaken an ambitious project - expanding the playable
>areas
>of Glorantha beyond Prax and DP. Good for them. On the other hand, most
>people
>buying the book will be looking for background material on the Lunars to flesh
>out NPC's (e.g. a Lunar Trollpak.) That is a real, unfulfilled need.
>
>Tough to serve both masters, but worth the attempt.

I agree that it is worth the attempt. I'd also add that a few years down the line some Orlanthi games may branch out with a Lunar, Western or whatever campaign (and new players may start wit these). A good example is Griffin Mountain (while some used it as an Orlanthi travel destination, many games were run with local Balazaring or Solar characters) or maybe even Sun County. If you wrie good supplements people will use them in play.

Thom