Re: re: Invisible etc.

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2001 23:56:56 +1300

At 09:11 27/10/01 +0000, you wrote:
>Peter writes:
>
> >they [Gods] cannot isolate individuals, or even inform them who
> >the offender is.

>I was reacting to the post in which you said that a false worshipper
>would be revealed to the clan. Did I misinterpret this?

You did. What I said was:

::They know when a worshipper has done a bad thing and make their ::displeasure known to his community.

The displeasure referring to the curse upon the community that the god inflicts as per Thunder Rebels p78.

>re: Solace. Is this something that worshippers know about as a
>fact? (or reasonably provable fact) I always assumed (without
>thinking much about it) that Solace was like Heaven, something based
>on faith alone.

Solace is fact but most Malkioni only know that it is fact on the basis of their authorities (in much the same way that I know what the speed of light is - whether this is still faith is an epistemological issue that isn't worth arguing about here).

>As for Western Sorcerers being (arguably) superior to Theistic,
>that's because of a better "scientific" [sic] understanding of
>Magikal principals.

And since the theists cannot apply the sorcerous methods of analysis to their magic to refine it, this only shows up the superiority of sorcery.

>IG has little to do with it, as proven by the
>atheistic Brithini who are the best sorcerers!

The atheists believe the Invisible God exists, their understanding of it resembles the cosmology of Benedict Spinoza - God is the sum of the laws of the Cosmos. The Brithini are only the best sorcerers because they have had longer to practice.

--Peter Metcalfe