Re: Theme of the Hero Wars

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2001 19:53:29 -0000

> I'm as keen as anyone for the books to get around to the West,

I wonder why ;)

> It makes sense, IMO, to deal with one bit of Glorantha at a time,
>which means providing decent support for the Orlanthi before moving
>on to the Lunars, and decent support for them before moving on to
>anything else.

<snip>
>The Lunar books will focus on the full range of Imperial problems
>away from Sartar (it seems that official support for the Dragon Pass
>battles will be primarily from a Heortling bias) such as Pent and the
>various internal wranglings.

Absolutely! As per the recent "Rinliddi" debate, really it makes sense to deal with one culture first then expand outwards. "Orlanthi" Games can make use of the "Lunar" book to provide NPC's in the first instance, and may then find that they want to play Lunar characters and the subsequent "Carmania"/"Rinliddi"/"Pent" whatever books provide them suitable NPC's for those games - and PC's for future games whose NPC's will be provided by the "Western" or "Kraorli" books or whatever. A HW book exploring the Far flung corners of Glornatha now might be nice, and there will always be someone who could or would use it, but many of the "old time" fans and any "New" fans bought in by KodP and Hero Wars are bound to ask "But how do I use this in my Orlanthi game".

On the bright side - at a Book a Month, even allowing for slippage, with the first Lunar Book set for Spring '02 we could be looking at "Sorceror Knights" within the next 12 Months, and in the meantime we still have "Trade Talk" and "The Unspoken Word" in a position to explore the rest of the Lozenge (along with the more dormant 'Zines - BoDR, Enclosure, New Lolon Gospel... and Websites official or otherwise)