Re: Hiding in Plain Sight etc...

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 13:22:17 -0000

> and Morgan pointing out that, unlike the real world, there ARE
> places you can go in Glorantha where you can be bestowed the
> tangible and useful ability to throw lightning bolts or
> bless cows and the like for the same worshipful behaviour.

It's not the same behaviour though - Theists Sacrifice and Malkioni Venerate. The misapplied worship rules (yeah, yeah, I know) suggest that although you *can* venerate Orlanth and learn to toss lightning around, it will be a lot harder than praying to the Invisible God to ensure the Lightning doesn't hit you!

Also the people who are tossing the lightning bolts about are the Devotee's and disciples, not the Rank and File initiates and (lay) pantheon worshippers. These are the equivalent of the Malkioni's Sorcerors and Wizards who are pulling the same sorts of tricks.

And, of course there are places you can go on Earth and see Witchdoctors kill with a pointing stick, Voodoo practioners raise Zombies, mediums converse with the spirits of the dead and Faith Healers cure people with "incurable" medical conditions. Despite this none of these sects are gaining converts from around the world who'se religions seem to offer less tangible benefits...