Re: Invisible God

From: TTrotsky_at_...
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 16:50:22 EST

Morgan Conrad:

<< >you *can* venerate Orlanth and learn to toss lightning
>around, it will be a lot harder than praying to the Invisible God to
>ensure the Lightning doesn't hit you

 The problem is, I don't think there is an IG spell "repel Lighting Bolt" that a common worshipper can obtain. >>

     "Resist Pagan God" is available in the Abiding Book, and can be used by any common worshipper whose sect accepts that book. If that naughty pagan god is trying to zap you with a lightning bolt (or a sunspear, or a sever spirit, or an induce terror feat, etc.) because his priest asked him to, then I would expect the blessing to work against it. Granted, all it does is raise your magic resistance a bit, but that's better than nothing. In fact, if you've got the backing of your entire local parish behind you, it could be a lot better than nothing...

Trotsky