Re: Knight's Fort and Barbarian Town

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2001 12:24:03 +1300

Mike Gib wrote:
>Does anyone have any details/ideas about Knight's Fort and Barabarian
>Town, or know where I might find some?

Knight's Fort

         The neighboring Holy Country included a people who had tried
         to invade Prax with their knights and elite infantry.  They
         failed, but established Knight Fort.  When the Holy Country
         fell to the Empire the fort was cut off, and resorted to
         mercenary work to support itself.  The knights rode the horses
         that all Praxians hated, but were powerful fighters, and were
         sometimes sort by the Praxians as allies.
                         Nomad Gods

Barbarian Town

         This run-down town was built by the Pol Joni tribe when they
         first entered Prax.  It is walled and well-defended, for it
         has been attacked by other Praxians many times.  The central
         court holds a statue and shrine to Derik Pol Joni, who founded
         the tribe and city.  Orlanth is the dominant god, and Praxians
         who have not sworn allegiance to Derik and the Pol Joni are
         refused entrance.
                         Drastic Prax p8

>Specifically in 1614, when Broyan and co. are garrisoning Knight's Fort
>(according to Tradetalk#5).

I doubt that this is true. Broyan is an ultra traditionalist (TR p6) and thus I find it difficult to believe that he would serve as a knight. Storm Tribe p236 even speaks of Heortlings worshipping Gustin the Hammer to resist the rule of the Pharaoh, which sounds like Broyan's sort of people.

--Peter Metcalfe