Re: Broyan at Knight Fort

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2001 19:56:34 +1300

At 14:54 7/11/01 +0100, you wrote:

>[...] the reign of the last Hendriki king (which, at that time, still
>was thought of as a Vingkot Rex type rather than an elected Larnsti,

As far as I understand things, the Hendreiki Kings since Andrin's time have not been Larnsti. They belong to a separate magical society (the Andrini?) and the precise relationship between this and the Larnsti probably depends on who you listen to. I like to think there are original Larnsti still hanging around the edges of the domains of their Pharaonic replacements (sheriffs, barons and earls). Since Broyan worships Vingkot High King, he is a Vingkotling Ruler rather than a Larnsti. Judging by the description of Heortland in TR, the Aeolians don't appear to be great fans of "Andrini" rulers.

Lastly before the Pharaoh, I don't think the Hendreiki king was elected. Rather the Larnsti all underwent a magical contest to see which one could change into their next king.

--Peter Metcalfe