RPG SFX & MIDIS

From: John Hughes <nysalor_at_...>
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2001 15:47:23 -0800

I'm in the process of updating and rationalising my sound effects collection of wavs and midis that we use in IRC games.

I thought I'd put out a general call - if you have 'soundtrack' midis that evoke Sartar or Prax, or
or-then-teak Gloranthan folk song midis that you don't mind sharing, e-mail them to me and I'll include them in the zip archives that I'll make available on our files page. If possible please give both the name of the original tune and, if appropriate its Gloranthan translation. I'll include a text file of sources and contributors with each archive.

(I have already raided Jane Williams

http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~janewill/gloranth/songs/index.shtml

and Nick Brooke's

http://www.btinternet.com/~Nick_Brooke/songbook/

collections.

 I also have a modest collection of Wav SFX files - animal, weapon and natural noises for the most part, and would be interested in sharing such If you have (shortish) wavs that are useful as SFX, please also drop me a line.

All part of the better, cheesier, roleplaying experience. To walk the Praxian sands under a red moon, with the theme from Dune popping out the speakers, to tunnel delve to the eerie synthesisers of that nice 'Dungeon' midi from Warcraft, to prepare for combat to the battle harp of Tarkalor's
(Brian Boru's) Match, to make a deal to the theme from The Good, The Bad,
The Ugly, or to ride into the sunset as a jugband(!) rendition of Bad Moon Rising lilts to the horizon. Pure popcorn. I love it. :)

Thanks

John