Re: Followers (style/type)

From: hairyorlanthi <mdawson_at_...>
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2001 14:22:18 -0000

Gee, I don't know about the style/advantage axis as might be manifest in my game.

I think every player takes every follower he can justify as often as possible.

For some Heroes in my game followers have just become sensible, since their best skills have just now crossed over to a mastery. Nobody wants followers with skills of 12 and 8 wandering around.

But once that threshold passes, they take every follower I say is OK, pretty much regardless of their skills.

Of course, this could be a symptom of my game's ratio of HP to sessions. I think I may be handing out a pretty high number of points, since my "sessions" tend to be short due to real world issues. Combine that with adventures where the Heroes don't have to spend points on bumps, and I've had a couple of "experience" rounds where the players had trouble efficiently spending all the points they had.

Last "spend your points" opportunity, several of the Heroes had 20+ HP.

Mike