Re: Re: Followers. What have you got?

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 10:51:14 -0800

> > Just like HW consciously uses character steroetypes in the Cultural,
> > Occupational and Magical Keywords, a useful thing for a Narrator to do
is
> > figure out Location Keywords, because that *is* what a lot of players
are
> > doing when they "invent" a chandelier.
> >
> > RR
>
> This is a very good way to explain what seems to go on inside the heads
> of players and narrators alike.
>
> Its a neat idea. Perhaps a bit formal but I think it helps (everyone in
> the group is working from the same sheet) more than it hurts (creeping
> genericness)

I certainly didn't mean to imply that Issaries should produce a book of "Location Keywords", or even create a template/sharacter sheet for them, just that players (including narrators) should become aware of them and use them to enhance play. It's something that most players probably already do subconsciously, just like when the narrator says "You see a weaponthane" the players can fill in the fact that he is probably tough to beat with weapons, has a small horde of supporters (okay, probably four, but he could have more...), has good magic and weapons, etc.

It's sort of like reading a "[Computer Program] for Dummies" book and saying "Oh, *that's* what that button is for, I only ever used it for Y".

RR