Re: will write for fun

From: contracycle <gamartin_at_...>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2002 10:11:41 -0000

> I'm actually interested to see what a stranger, given the barest
> bones of my situation, can come up with.

Yeah, and the reason I'm trying to do this is to see if that kind of thing is plausible. It's already been interesting seeing what kind of questions I want to ask, evry actual physical game is quite distinct. For example we have not discussed dates; I'm assuming from context we are post-invasion. But I've decided not to ask this question because part of the point is that this should be transposable to other siuations; we'll have to see how well that works out.

The method I'm trying here is that of "bangs"; not so much scripted events but a set of loose events, NPC actions for the GM to engineer in actual play, to sort of frame and improvise. The theory is that if its correctly structured, a GM should be able to both use a "prescripted"  adventure and not have to re-write big chunks of their game; the outline shouyld be flexiuble enough that you can import your own established NPC's. In theoiry anyway :)