Re: Roads in Sartar

From: ian_hammond_cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 16:42:46 -0000

>If the king wants to collect payments for crimes related to roads,
he'd better show up (or send someone) at each and every moot where such a case comes up.

>Like a sheriff, maybe?

Not withstanding that I intended an additional penalty paid by the perpetrator to the victim (not the king)...

The old questions of the Sartarites and whether they have sherrif's (shire reeves).

<Ian dons his asbestos suit for protection>

We know Heortland has sherrifs and Tarsh has shrieves, but in the weak central authority of Sartar they have been questioned. There is of course good old Dronlan Swordsharp

http://www.glorantha.com/hw/scenario_applelane.html

But I think he lives a bit far from any of Sartar's roads to be an effective warden of the King's Road.

Ian Cooper