Roads of Sartar, a question

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 19:24:20 +0200 (EET)

We know that the roads are magical. But what are they like? Are they like the roads of Old Pavis? Paved in stone?

Sartar gets pretty fierce winters, and in Finland we have had to learn a lot about building roads that will survive it.

Water seeps in, freezes and moves the stones/breaks the road.

But I suppose that's a part of the magic.

But basically. I quess the roads are paved with big squares of rock, and need very little maintanence.

The problem with that is that horses hooves really don't take solid rock all that well. That's the reason for horseshoes afterall.

If the roads are dirtroads, the the problem with horses doesn't exist, but how do they survive seasons and traffic.

Is there something in the magic that helps horses survive the hard surface?

        -Adept