Re: Roads of Sartar, a question

From: John Hughes <nysalor_at_...>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 10:34:16 -0800

> As an aside, that may be another reason the roads are falling apart in
> Sartar under the Lunars: They are forcing *men* to work on them instead of
> women!

This same thought struck me reading your first sentences - roads are as much Earth as Movement - perhaps the Earth Temples and clan priestesses have some role in their ritual upkeep - at least convening the sacrifices and maintaining the guardian deity shrines. Moving Earth - hmmm, could you say 'no' to a Maran Gori, ritually painted out in red yellow and green as she demands your two clacks or lamb? Issaries priests as well - they have a major interest in the roads, as well as the Sartar cult links.

John.