Re: Taking it _off_ the GD...

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 04:29:43 +0200 (EET)

On Fri, 18 Jan 2002, Alex Ferguson wrote:

<snip>
> So, cutting to the chase, what elements would feature in a Uroxi quest
> for a zarur? I'd have thought this would have been the obvious "Stormwalk
> mountain and twisting the head off of something" quest, but the published
> stormwalk seems to take a very different take (it being an O. Rex quest, and
> accordingly somewhat taken up with the "taming the unruly big bro'" aspect).

I have a Storm Khan in the making PC as an occasional cameo in my Glorantha campaign. Og the Horned is a huge side of beef of a Pol Joni with two large celtic style bastardswords and a sacred bullhorned helmet. (he was blessed by Urox as a child, by getting kicked in the temple by a very large bull, and had a tendency to froth a lot and charge things. He's been cured somewhat later in life, and is actually fairly smart for a Storm buller...)

This guy of course rides a Skybull. Basically I detailed the quest to his player (a lady, who does a magnificent job at it)

Climb the mountain, find a stormcow with a young calf. Wrestle the mother (and/or a bull) into submission. Take the calf on your shoulders and run. Make it back down from the mountain. Take good care of the calf as it grows.

 =D But parhaps you want it a bit more complex. I just don't see a Stormbull / Urox quest as something all that subtle. It's got to be about strength and daring. Basically, about balls... and lots of shouting.

        -Adept