Re: Small Glorantha

From: simon_hibbs2 <simon.hibbs_at_...>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 12:36:17 -0000

This has been discussed before, long, long ago on the digest. It turns out that Sartar is about the same size a County Durham in England (a pretty small county), whereas I think most people's mental map of it probably makes it about the size of Northern Ireland at least. Pavis feels like it should be a long trek from Dragon Pass, but in fact it's only a couple of days away at most. I think this is one reason The Wastes changed from being an uninhabitable wasteland in RQ2 to being the home of the bulk of the nomad tribes in RQ3. Prax is far, far too small to contain so many nomads and their herds.

Genertela is supposed to be the size of the continental USA, but I think most people imagine it to be about the size of Eurasia. My considered response to this problem is to ignore it, hope it goes away and pray that my players don't ask too many questions.

Simon Hibbs