Re: Small Glorantha

From: ian_hammond_cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 11:18:41 -0000

Peter Metcalfe wrote:
> What things go seriously wrong if one "needs to know the
dimensions"? How will it affect game-play

Travel times is the big one here.

>Troubling oneself with areas and population densities is IMO an
arid approach that yields little joy.

I think population desnities were only raised to get a feel for how much the scaling needed to be factored by.

I don't think this is a big one - adjusting the scale is all anyone's suggesting - if it does not matter to you, ignore it. After all DP never identified the scale of a hex and the number shave been a little nebulous ever since.

Anyone looked at the Uz, (or Trollpak) or Griffin Mountain or Borderlands maps to get an idea of how consistent scale issues are?

Ian Cooper