Re: Re: Ethnic variations

From: Peter Larsen <plarsen_at_...>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 16:48:37 -0600

Mikko Rintasaari says to

Trotsky:
> > In the first draft of Sorcerer Knights, the Loskalmi are described as
>> tall, slender, pale-skinned Wareran people, commonly with blond hair and
>> blue eyes.
>
>I see.
>
>I suppose I tend to think of the West as having more of an arabic
>flavor. Parhaps the feel of early Islamic states. High learning and
>mathematical capability and such.
>
>"west european" westeners will get so... well, so Pendragon, and generic
>medieval fantasy

        The "Prehistoric Malkioni" were made up of 6 "tribes" at least one of which, the Waertagi, diverge from the "west european" look -- perhaps there is room for more than one "ethnic type" in the West. If nothing else, the Syndic's Ban should have caused a certain amount of "physical characteristic concentration" in the various groups....

Peter Larsen