Re: Inns and outs

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 00:54:59 +0200 (EET)

Wait a minute. Are those delightful temples of Geo offiscially Gregged? Just as I got around to introducing them to a new character.

I've run the temples of Geo as a defacto Inn, but also a safehouse and a shrine. One can just accept the hospitality (and offer resiprocal gifts of coins or goods), but many sacrifice some silver or goods to the guardian of the Inn and the founding hero Geo, and are initiated as laymembers for a year or a season.

There's a network of the temples/inns around Sartar and the nearby areas, and an laymember of Geo's cult will always feel welcome in one of His temples.

That's a part of the enchantment in those places. Heortlings don't feel awkward under the foreign roof of the temple-inn. One feels one is an honored quest under a friendly roof. The feeling is of good cheer, and being among friends.

I seem to remember Geo was supposed to be a companion of the high king Sartar himself. I think his temples/inns fit the setting quite nicely, and add to the enchantment of Sartar.

In my Glorantha there's at least a temple in Nochet and one in Pavis, in addition to those in Sartar proper. I bet there's some in Heortland too, propably at least one in every one of the Sixes of Kethaela.

        -Adept