Re: Inns and outs

From: Darran <darransims_at_...>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 23:30:01 -0000

Greetings and Salutations
2002-02-04-2330.

bethexton wrote: & Roderick replied
> > (as another aside: I'm sure Heortlings must sled on their abundant
> > hills in winter, and for that matter use horse drawn sleds for
> > transport and hauling in the winter, something that has yet to be
> > adequately described!)
>
> And skis, as will be made clear in the next volume.

Will they have chair lifts and drag pulls to get to the top of the mountain quicker?
Will lift-passes be issued out?
Whatever happens NO darkside (snowboarding that is! :-). )

> > Now, BA makes it very clear that there are no inns in Sartar. Yet
> > King of Sartar states that on the royal road built by Sartar there
> > were periodic widenings (not clear, but I think this specifically
> > meant while passing through the Quivini mountains) for use by temples
> > and inns.

I think this is an another Hoertling *all* (85%). Certainly establishments like Geos would be considered Inns of some sort, and popular towns will have Inn a public houses. Pavis does I am sure! It would give Minlister brewers some places to export the wares to.

In my Tink campaign (which was RQ3) I had Minlister and Mahome worshippers convert the old chief's hall into a pub.

Cheers
DARRAN 'What song the Syrens sang, or what name Achilles assumed when he hid himself among the women, although puzzling questions,
are not beyond *all* conjecture.

              Sir Thomas Browne