Re: Re: Inns and outs

From: Guy Hoyle <ghoyle1_at_...>
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2002 06:21:48 -0600

On 2/7/2002 at 6:09 PM John Hughes wrote:

>Guy:
>
>> > I've seen references, though, to 'hostels' in Ireland in the sagas.
>They
>> > seem to be fairly rare, but protected by very strong hospitality
>> > traditions. Can anyone point me to more details?
>
>You're probably thinking of 'The Destruction of Da Derga's Hostel' - see
>http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/source/1100derga.html

Thanks, John! (Though I was actually only replying to the quote fom someone else you snipped). It's amazing that so much of Irish mythic literature can be found on the Internet.

Guy
Guy Hoyle (ghoyle1_at_airmail.net)
"I used to think, "Mind control satellites? No way!' But now, I can't remember what we did without 'em."