Re: Barbarian Adventures

From: Benedict Adamson <badamson_at_...>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 15:35:21 +0000

squirrelpollock wrote:
> Blood Feud
> There is a big fight at the fair... Rugs
> are thrown, as well as punches... Characters get a
> visit from some pissed off ancestors. There is some spear rattling
> at a funeral. Then the players can go and beat up some herders, visit
> somebody else's stead and beat them up too (or alternatively visit
> their bigger mates and then go and do the beating). Then it's off do
> the court for an argument - or alternatively get your mum to go round
> and sort it out because you're too scared.

Which is to say, the episode provides opportunities for combat orientated male characters, (non-combat) female characters and talking orientated characters. It does so while presenting (or serving as a vehicle for presenting) background information about clans, inter clan conflict, Heortling personality types, ancestors, legal procedures and raiding. It has a linear format that novice Narrators will find easy to use. The story is in the style of an Icelandic saga. When we play tested it a cracking time was had by all.

Your comments seemed rather negative. What do you want from a HW episode?