Re: Working Shrines

From: themalum <rmv1_at_...>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 19:09:02 -0000

> I was just wondering about the different shrines that Heortling
> villages and clans may have and what form they would take.

There are some excellent drawings of various Heortling shrines on the Glorantha.com website: http://www.glorantha.com/new/heortling_temples.html

For the most part, you've got the right idea, although it should be remembered that the "holy items" that are used as the center part of the shrine (if it has one, see Barntar's shrine) are reusable sacrificial items and are therefore not used for mortal purpose.

> If this is so to whom would Windmills and Watermills be
> dedicated to? And would Heortling technology stretch to
> making these?

Search the archives of this mailing list for "windmills". There was a very good, in depth discussion of what form these might take in Sartar, though I don't think anything was officially decided.

Roland