Re: Stats of Kallyr and others

From: t_m_ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 09:27:09 -0000

Ah, but will you need the stats for Kallyr so your players can see how much tougher than them she is, so they can gang up and beat her, so they can take her one on one, or so they can recruit her as a rank and file member into their hero band?

And are your PC's (going to be) single, double or treble masters when they get to meet her? In their best ability, their "keyword" abilities or most of their abilities?

We undoubtably need information about the "movers and shakers" of Glorantha, especially when they may have a direct and personal influence on the lives of our PC's (so unless the Red Emperor is coming to the front line to take personal charge of the Sartar Campaign, you don't need to know his Close Combat specialities and feats for a Heortling campaign).

Now it may be that the best way (or at least a "best way") to do this is in the form of game statistics, of course, but particularly for what is intended (or at least seen as) an "entry level" campaign book, I'd sooner see npc's that the characters are more likely to be interacting with.

...Hmm, another (set of) books "Characters of <culture>" - a collection of NPC's of various levels from a culture - history, textual description and "leaders sheet" (or just "character sheet" for the "lowest level" characters - which could be used as PCs). Round it off with some "adventure seeds" for using these characters, and there you go...